Pool compliance checklist
Pool compliance regulations can be difficult and stressful to navigate, especially when you’re facing a potential inspection. The rules are also important for the safety of your family and especially your children, so you need to take pool safety very seriously. We want to get you started on the road to ensuring your pool barrier is compliant and your family is safe, so we’ve put together an easy-to-read pool compliance checklist – just make sure the answers are all ‘yes!’
• Does your gate automatically close from any position after it is opened?
• Does the gate latch automatically close every time?
• Are all gaps less than 100mm?
• Are all of the fence panels secure and in good order?
• Have you ensured there are no gaps or holes in the fence greater than 100mm?
• Is the gap between the bottom of the fence and the ground less than 100mm?
• Is everything that could be used to climb the fence, including trees and pot plants, removed from inside the climbing zones?
• Are you always within arm’s reach of children under the age of five?
• Do you always closely supervise any children in your pool?
• Are your First Aid skills up to date?
• Do you have a First Aid kit on standby?
• Do you have a Resuscitation Sign visibly posted?
• Has your swimming pool or spa been checked for compliance recently?
• Have you checked on the NSW Swimming Pool Register (www.swimmingpoolregister.nsw.gov.au) if a certificate of compliance has been issued in the last 3 years?
If there are some points in our pool compliance checklist that may be of concern to you regarding your pool, PoolCC can help! Give us a call today on 02 8005 6167 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your compliance requirements.